Wednesday, January 6, 2016

OFF TO A GOOD START

Running Jacket: Lululemon | Workout Leggings: Gap | Sneakers: Nike | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

Happy New Year!!! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and that you're first few days of 2016 have gotten you off to a great start!  Again, I can't thank you all enough, everyone that reads my blog and has been so supportive of me. You all helped make 2015 unforgettable and I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store! 

Now I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions because I usually ALWAYS end up disappointing myself (please watch this video by one of my favorite bloggers, Mr. Kate, she really hit the nail on the head with this one!)  So instead, this year I just decided, ya know what, you just try to be the best, healthiest version of you that you can be.  Nothing too strict, nothing crazy.  I just want to overall become a healthier version of myself.  No weight loss goals, no crazy diets (no carbs anyone? worst decision I ever made), no "I'm gonna go for a run 5 days a week," nothing like that because it's just not realistic for me.  I'm just going to go at my own pace, do what I can when I can, and try to become a better version of myself, healthier physically and mentally.  

It probably was not the greatest decision to start off with a run on the coldest day we've had since last winter, but hey, I figured I'd start off the year strong! Plus I got this awesome Lululemon running jacket for Christmas (huge thanks to my bro) and I wanted to take it for a spin!  It's super soft and cozy on the inside and it's really thick so it totally kept me warm (and yes I did actually go for a run after I took these pics lol).  I love how the zipper comes all the way up and curves off to the side, not only does it look cool but you don't have a zipper right up under your chin clipping you and being annoying.  And the high neck means no need to worry about a scarf or your neck being cold and sore after!  And it has that little hole on the inside of one of the pockets to connect your earbuds to your phone, which is great so the earbud wire isn't all flopping around.  I've been thinking about doing a post about my fitness routine and health tips so tell me below if that's something you guys would enjoy!

Let me know how you're 2016's are going so far and if you've made any resolutions or decided to just take a more chill route this year!
(p.s. my birthday's tomorrow so as always, the year is already off to a pretty great start ;)

xo
Athena

No comments:

Post a Comment