Thursday, January 28, 2016

FOUR EYES


Sweater: RD | Glasses: Forever 21 (and only $6) | Jeans: Urban Outfitters | Boots: old via - Similar style here | Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs - Newest version here | Watch: Michael Kors 

Happy Friday darlings!

I've been sporting these peepers for a few weeks now because I am loving this whole glasses trend that is going on right now.  Aside from helping you see (that's pretty important,) they are just such a great fashion accessory and can completely turn an outfit around.  
When I got glasses in the third grade I literally remember thinking it was the worst thing in the world (and now looking back at pictures I can remember why.)  First chance I got in the 7th grade I was wearing contacts and I always have since.  I've gotten a few pairs of glasses over the years that I liked at first and would actually wear for a while but I always ended up going back to contacts.  So recently I went to the eye doctor and wanted to get new glasses that were trendy and fun but I felt like I would get sick of them after a few months, which would suck because glasses are SO expensive.  When I saw these in Forever 21 I just had to try them on and I am SO glad I did.  I think they are just so cute and give this outfit a totally different look! And the BEST part - they were only 6 dollars!! I mean, you can't beat that.  There is no commitment here, just a cute fashion statement piece, like wearing a chunky necklace or a pop of color on your lips. And I mean (aside from you all) who knows these aren't my real glasses?! It's a win all around.

This sweater has been my go-to lately because of how warm it is and the length.  It's perfect to wear with leggings and it's so cozy.  In case you haven't heard, the weather in New York has been pretty brutal but this sweater has definitely been a huge help and I'm so glad I got it before the storm hit! 

Thanks so much for reading and hope you all have a great weekend! 
xo Athena

1 comment: