Monday, April 4, 2016

SIMPLY BASIC


Top: Gibson (Now 65% OFF - Only $20!) | Jeans: BDG | Booties: Gap Factory (Similar here) | Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Newest version) | Watch: Michael Kors | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

       If I had to choose one style of clothing to wear for the rest of my life, it would simple and neutral basics.  I always talk about simple basic pieces but that's because they just never fail.  You can look so chic in a second with a plain white tee and black jeans from Target.  
But it all depends on 3 things: 

1. Shoes 
2. Hair
3. Accessories 

       The way you're wearing your hair determines a lot about any outfit.  Making sure your hair is done, whether its curled, straightened, braided, or up in a pony, make this plain and quick outfit also look finished.  It completes it and makes it look like you put in a little more effort than you did.  
       Of course, shoes also say a lot about an outfit.  Depending on your shoes, you could be headed a bunch of places.  Add sneakers and your automatically sporty and ready to get on the go.  Add heels - ready to party.  Add booties - take me to dinner.  Heels or booties could even make this a great outfit for the workplace (but maybe add a blazer or cardi depending on where you work.)
       Your accessories add texture to the outfit.  You can add a statement necklace, simple, minimal jewelry (stud earrings and a dainty necklace), or even just a belt to peak out and break up the tee and jeans. 
       This Gibson top that I got from Nordstrom (it's on sale and only $20!!) is such a great play on a plain t-shirt.  It's oversized and adds a little texture to the outfit.  I paired it with tight jeans that are a little high-waisted because the shirt is baggy and cut kind of high. 
Even though it's getting warmer out now, this is still great outfit to wear out with booties, especially at night.  These black wedge booties definitely give it a more nighttime feel.  I kept my jewelry simple and added my favorite big statement watch!  
       I'm obsessed with this outfit and I'll be wearing it soo much in the coming months (already have) because I don't really need to think about it, it's such an easy go-to! 

Hope you all enjoyed this post!  Have a great week :)
xo

SHOP THIS LOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment