Monday, February 29, 2016

FROM DAY TO NIGHT


Ever plan an evening out with the girls and only have 10 minutes to stop home after work to change and look like you haven't been sitting in a meeting for the last three hours? Well, whether you just change your jacket or add a pop of color on your lips, this outfit is the perfect look to transition into a night out of any kind.
The only pieces I kept the same for this outfit are the basics, a top and bottom, so no need to change you're entire outfit after work.
My black and white Halogen top is from Nordstrom and its the perfect chic top for the work place or for going out.  Even though it has horizontal stripes it's super flattering because it's so stretchy and form-fitting.  It's versatility makes it easy to switch from day to night, from work to going out.  I kept it comfy but chic in my favorite high waisted black jeans from Urban (which go perfect with this top because it's cut a little high.)  

For a professional look I wore a fitted black blazer (I got it about two years ago from H&M but I linked a bunch of similar ones below - keep scrolling!) Nude pumps are always a chic touch and keep this outfit super professional.  I kept my makeup natural and my hair in a low ponytail.


Just switching your jacket, shoes, hair, and lip color make life so much easier and changing so much faster.  These small details change the whole outfit from a professional daytime work or business meeting outfit to a fun, edgy night time look in seconds.  You don't need to change every single one of these details, though.
I kept my jewelry simple with some studs and a minimal gold necklace so there's no need to worry about that.  If you want to add a little something extra at night that's also such a quick and easy add-on.
I switched out my blazer for a leather moto jacket, nude pumps for my fave black booties, I traded in a low ponytail for a higher do with some volume on top, and I added a darker red lipstick for a little bit of edge to make the look more nighttime!

Black and White Mock Neck Top: Halogen | Black Jeans: BDG | Bag: Similar - Marc by Marc Jacobs | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban  DAYTIME - Black Blazer: old via H&M (almost exact here, similar here and here) | Nude Pumps: BCBGeneration | Stud Earrings: Nordstrom | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Lip Gloss: NYX Mega Shine in Beige  NIGHTTIME - Leather Moto Jacket: older via Bebe (similar jacket here!) | Black Booties: Zara - very similar here  | Watch: Michael Kors | Lipstick - Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 01 or Nars Cruella (they're the exact same color!)

I kept my bag the same (no having to switch everything into another bag!) Unless you want to bring a smaller bag, take out all the essentials (phone, ID, money, lip color) and leave the rest.  
You can even bring the things you want to change to work with you since it's not too much to carry and change in the bathroom there! (Been and done.) 

By keeping the foundation of the outfit constant and basic, it's easy to just slip on a few different accompanying pieces to change your entire outfit into something different.

SHOP THIS POST








4 comments:

  1. I always love how few subtle changes can completely transform an outfit! You have done a great job showing that :) I really liked how the morning look is feminine yet powerful. Oh and that bag is so gorgeous! Lovely post, Athena. Have a great week <3

    Love,
    Monika | www.palateforstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika!! You are always so sweet!! Isn't it great how just a few little things here and there can transform the look? Makes life so much easier! :) Enjoy the rest of your week!

      xo

      Delete
  2. Great day to night look, Athena! I love how transitioning from a blazer to a leather moto jacket really changes the look. Your red lips are gorgeous and I love your ponytail. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few quick changes really make life that much easier! Thanks so much, Lizzy!! You are too sweet! Enjoy the rest of your week :)

      xo

      Delete