Monday, August 10, 2015

PORTUGAL DIARIES - HELLO PORTUGAL!





A view from our room :)

Breakfast!













The COOLEST flowers I've EVER SEEN!!!!





Eucalyptus :)











My brother picking oranges!





Fresh from the tree :)
This was a little fountain in the center of the village to wash clothes in!









These are the steps leading up to Andrea's family home!

A view of Moita


Lemons on the lemon tree outside the house :)







Now that I'm back from Portugal and all settled finally, I'm so excited to start posting pics from our trip!  We did a whole lot of traveling and sight seeing surrounding my brother's wedding.  
Our first week in Portugal we stayed at my sister-in-law, Andrea's, family home in Moita, Anadia, a city about two hours away from Lisbon. 
If you've been following my Instagram you probably know by now that breakfast everyday consisted of coffee and pastries lol.  Our first full day there we stopped by a local cafe called Doce Flor and each had a few different pastries and coffee.
Later in the day we took a ride up to visit Andrea's grandmother, who lives in the cutest little village, Saide. She had the most amazing garden with the coolest, prettiest flowers I've ever seen.  She also had the most impressive stock of fire wood I've ever seen, it was unreal. 
This region of Portugal is known for their Eucalyptus trees so they were literally everywhere, covering the mountains.  You can smell the eucalyptus everywhere, it's amazing! 
While we were there we drove a little further up into the mountain to check out the view.  There was an orange tree with ripe oranges practically falling on our heads so we picked a bunch and they were of course like, the best oranges you've ever tasted.  

I hope you enjoyed this post and make sure to check back for the next part of my Portugal Travel Diaries :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment