Monday, September 18, 2017

RUNA


I don't know if I've ever mentioned on here what a freak I am about healthy food and nutrition but... I totally am.  Now don't get me wrong, I love me some indulgences here and there but I try to eat as healthy and clean as possible in my day to day routine.  

It's not always convenient, easy, or even affordable to find foods that are pure, organic, and nutritious.  So when RUNA contacted me about trying their iced teas and energy drinks I was really excited to try something new and a little different, and even more excited to find that they are totally natural, delicious AND convenient to add into and switch up my every day diet.  




Not only are RUNA teas completely organic (which has me totally sold), non-GMO, and fair-trade (the list goes on,) but they taste amazing and have this awesome back story about how they're made, which I love because it makes me feel like I'm actually doing something good, not only for my body, but for the earth!  

RUNA teas and energy drinks are made using the Guayusa (GWHY-YOU-SA) leaf, which is found in the Amazonian rain forest.  It provides the teas with a natural form of caffeine, polyphenols (natural antioxidants,) and amino acids.  




Since they contain a lot of caffeine, I tried drinking the teas and energy drinks instead of coffee in the morning for a few days in a row to see if maybe it could be a healthier alternative for coffee and WELL, let me tell you.  I was awake and energized all day, even more focused and clear headed than when I drink coffee.  Plus, iced tea is so refreshing on a hot summer morning.  RUNA also makes tea bags for hot tea so that's definitely something I'm looking forward to as the colder weather approaches! 

They're a great substitute for coffee or any flavored drinks you may be drinking throughout the day, especially because there are so many different flavors. Definitely something for everyone.  Some of the flavors are slightly sweetened (like the Hibiscus Berry), but most aren't and they are still awesome (I'm obsessed with the Mint Honeysuckle.)  And I don't know about you but I almost always have to put honey in my tea because I'm not the biggest fan of unsweetened tea. Until now!
  
xo
Athena 

1 comment: